Thursday, April 16, 2009

Can I change my Sprint cell phone number to a different Sprint phone?

I bought a Sprint Blackberry Pearl online at Ebay. I have a Sprint Razor, but it is an incredibly slow phone. I want to know if I can transfer my current Sprint number to my new Blackberry even though I didn't buy it at the Sprint store.


Absolutely, provided it wasn't previously reported lost or stolen. Call Sprint Customer Service (1-888-211-4727) from a different line (not the phone you're switching to or from) and tell the rep you want to do an "ESN swap." This is free of charge and usually takes about 5 minutes to complete (doesn't matter where you got the phone).

You should be prepared with the serial number to provide, which is the number on the back of the Blackberry behind the battery. It might be labeled "ESN DEC" or "IMEI" and it's all-numeric. If you have trouble locating that, just call and they will help. The rep will then walk you through programming the phone to get it activated.

Also let them know if you wanted to add a Blackberry plan, and you can also insure the phone if you want, even if it's from ebay.

does this change your plan in anyway?

or does it just mean you just have a different phone and everything stays the same? http://answers.yahoo.com/question/accuse_write?qid=20080227104504AAxv6QH&kid=RrxaIFbuBHEMMno57X22&s=comm&date=2008-12-08+10%3A16%3A43&.crumb=

yes just call up sprint and tell them you want to change the ESN on your phone number and then give them the ESN. it is normally under the battery of the phone, they should be able to help you with that. they might charge you extra on your next bill for switching but at most would be $15 to $20 bucks

yes you can but your rebate will start over

No comments:

Post a Comment