Wednesday, April 15, 2009

How can I get rid of phone static from my cordless phone, I have dsl?

I need help troubleshooting my dsl phone static problem. I have filters on all of my phones 1 wall, 1 corded and 1 cordless. I have my pc in the bedroom. I don't have a phone connected there. When the phone rings I usually go into another room to answer it.

How can I eliminate the static in my cordless phone?

I hope that made sense. I never posted on these things before. Thanks.


static is the problem of a low ghz phone... u want to go with the highest out there... which is a 6.0... anything under that is still going be staticky.

u most likely need a new phone

You've almost certainly got a 2.4GHz cordless. It's a congested frequency. Best solution is a DECT 6.0 phone runs at 1.9 GHz and is exclusively used by cordless phones i.e. no congestion from WiFi, baby monitors, Bluetooth, microwaves ....

Tha G is right, upgrade your phone.

If all your DSL filters are good, maybe you need to replace the phone cable running to the phone base as well. If all of this doesnt do it, call your phone company and ask them to test the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment