Wednesday, April 15, 2009

How many nuumbers there are in a Japan phone number?

I would like to call a friend from US and I got this number from my friend's brother. I tried to call. I am not sure whether is my problem or if the number is not valid. I am not even sure if I am calling a home phone or a cell phone. The number I got is 81-9050037426.

So there are 10 numbers. Is it right? Are you able to tell me whether it's a home phone number or a cell? Thanks!


If it starts with 080 or 090 then it is a cell phone. When dialing from the US to Japan, you add 011 81 and drop the first 0 of a cell phone. That is how you got 011 81 90. Dialing within Japan, there are 11 digits to a phone number.

moshi moshi,

Well before you do that try using a calling card. Minutes don't come cheap in Japan. Even when I call my host family I use a calling card. Its more respectful. I would say about 500-1000 would be good. You can use it more than twice. Yea and I think its about 12 #s or 11 #s without the zero. I still have trouble using mine. But It better to use these phones than Japanese green phones. Those things our confusing.

11 digits

According to http://kropla.com/city_japan.htm --

Cell phones in Japan use 090 in place of a city code, followed by 8 digits.

So I'm thinking perhaps the number you have is just missing a 0 before the 9. If you're dialing from the US, try this:

011-81-090-5003-7426

Hopefully that will work.

Need the answer? Ask your friendly neighborhood librarian!

♡First of all, you might want to REMOVE your friend's cell phone number from this Q. if that indeed is number. It can be used in many wrong ways! The number you have given here is a CELL PHONE NUMBER.

Japanese cell phone numbers always usually start with 090, 080, 070...

Japanese CELL phone numbers have 11 digits.

090-XXXX-XXXX

Japanese HOUSE phones have 10 digits.

052-7XX-XXXX

When dialing to Japan from the US, you always omit the first digit of the telephone number. To call your friend, it would be:

011-81-9050037426

*011 is the international prefix used to dial somewhere outside of U.S.A.

*81 is the international code used to dial to Japan.

Hope this helps!

(*^o^*) I live in Japan and when I go to the US I always have to call Japan home and cell phone numbers.

You may want to check the time BEFORE you call too, you can do that here:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=248

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

What Adam said is right.

well you know I am waisting my time if I answer because the first guy answered correctly. So...Do you have any Cinnamon Buns!!??

they have 12 numbers, so the number you have does exist....

I think you should try this 00819050037426 or +819050037426

cause it's an international call.

and it's a cell phone number. that is if you call FROM JAPAN you would only dial the number with an extra 0 ==> 09050037426

but it's not the case as you're calling FROM US, dial this: 00819050037426

I hope it helps!

just add a zero after the code there are 11 numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment