Wednesday, April 15, 2009

How can i stop a mobile phone interfering with my speakers?

My new neighbours leave their mobile phone just behind the wall where my computer lives. Each time the phone searches for a signal (which is all the time as we have bad reception in our building) the transmission blips (you know - dit dit dit over and over) are picked up on my computer speakers.

I've tried talking to my neighbours to little effect, so other than rearranging my apartment I need a solution as this is beginning to drive me mad.

Is there an electronic solution to either block the signals coming through the wall or to prevent them registering on my computer speakers.

Thanks for any help...


Put some aluminum foil up on your wall.

you can buy things that cancel out all cell phone signals so that there phone never gets service at all and never searches.. then when you want to call someone then you can turn it off.. but its a lot cheaper to just move the desk.

you either have to shut it off or take it away from the speakers

Do nothing, once you have been driven mad, it won't bother you so much.

you cant do much, except moving desk somewhere else

No comments:

Post a Comment