Tuesday, April 14, 2009

How do I get ringtones from another cell phone using bluetooth?

I was trying to get ringtones from another cell phone using blue tooth but it was not working. I have Sprint and my friend has AT&T. Does it matter that we don't have the same phone company? Any suggestions on how to connect our bluetooth to each other's phone?


yes , the carriers do matter, because its a well known fact that Sprint disables OBEX in their phones, and obex is what bluetooth uses to transfer binary data such as ringtones. Go ahead , try it. The sprint phone will throw an error. Sprint does this in order to force users to have to buy ringtones from sprint.com.

In other words, they disable bluetooth and you will not be able to transfer ringtones from Sprint to AT&T. You would be able to from AT&T to AT&T or AT&T to Tmobile, they are the best and easiest companies to customize your phone.

Verizon is another one that blocks bluetooth on the majority of their phones. On some PDA phones, OBEX is not disabled.

No it does not matter, what you both would have to do is make sure the bluetooth is one and both of you have bluetooth, you turn the bluetooth on and it should give you an option to search for the other person and then it should give you the option to get the tone

I had a razor(AT&T) and my friend had Sprint, I was able to turn on the bluetooth and locate him and download his tone and he was able to do my tones too

No comments:

Post a Comment