Thursday, April 16, 2009

How do I use my unlocked phone with my current carrier?

This is a gift. My mother has a plan with Verizon. I don't want to extend that plan but give her this unlocked phone and make sure she can use this phone with her current plan.


If you have an unlocked phone, that phone would be a GSM phone. That phone is not compatible with Verizon service. Verizon works on CDMA technology, GSM works with a sim card, a CDMA phone does not. On a

side note, the only phones your mom can use with Verizon is a Verizon Branded phone. They will not activate any other CDMA phone

Cheers

call verizon and make sure you have the phone in front of you. There is an esn number under the battery and they will be able to change it.

just take the sim card out of her old phone and put it in her new phone (it's usually hidden under the battery)

No comments:

Post a Comment