Thursday, April 16, 2009

How to send and receive texts from computer to cell phone?

My cell phone recently died. Until I can get it fixed, I was wondering if there was a way to send texts from my computer to other peoples cell phones, and they can reply and I'd get it on my computer?

I know you're able to send txts to cell phones on AIM and stuff by messaging +1 then the area code and number. But that's only one way I think, and they can't reply to it. So is there anyone way I can do it that sends AND receives txt's from computer to cell phone?


You have to have windows live messenger, the numbers of the people you want to text, and their e-mail. When your on windows live add your friends e-mail, then right click on heir name and click add phone number. then if they are offline you can send them a message to thier cellphone.

You can do reverse calls from the internet. When I want to check on a reverse call I usually check out this site I found reverse call search. I dont know how to use it with text messages though.

Hope it helps.

Hello Matt,

You can use AIM or Y!M to send both the IM messages as well as the SMS messages. I’m not sure which is more expensive.

--Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment