Tuesday, April 14, 2009

How do I upgrade my phone before my contract is up?

I know with cingular and t-moble you can go out and buy any unlocked gsm phone and just transfer over the sim card.

Things work different on verizon though!! Nonethless, there still has to be a way to get my number onto a new phone.


I had Verizon and I am a phone junkie. Easiest thing to do is do some research on EBAY and try to find the phone you want from a seller with a good rating. I've done this several times and it has worked great. Also, its always a good idea to find a seller that will send you more pictures of the phone to verify the condition of the phone.

However, most phones you will be buying will be at full retail or a little less (no deals like in stores). What I did to combat that issue: if your current phone is in pretty good shape, you might be able to find someone that will buy it from you, or you, yourself could sell it on EBAY after you have purchased and activated your new one.

To activate your new phone, just call Verizon customer service from your old phone and activate your new one. Just tell them that your other one is dammaged and they will waive the activation fee.

No comments:

Post a Comment