Friday, April 10, 2009

If I purchase a cell phone online and port my old number, will I be without service during the delivery?

I would like to purchase a cell phone online, but it takes two days to come. Will I not have service on my old phone during that time? Doesn't the porting process start right away? Or does it take effect when you activate the new phones upon receipt? Thanks for any advice.


If you ordered it online you will still have service till you recieve the phone and you call customer service. You will not be with out service only if any 5 minutes. Its not a long proces, very easy and simple. They shold give you instructions!

i dont think so ..

you should have to activate it when it gets delivered

In my experience, they ship the phone first. Then you call the service and they do the switch over once you physically have the phone.

no u wont have service but you can call your network and they can activate it over the phone.. if u have verizon the numver is 611

No comments:

Post a Comment