Friday, April 10, 2009

What is the best cell phone for a beginner?

I purchased a Tracphone because I really liked the idea of no service contract. I thought it would be a good way to experiment, but now not so sure. Here is what I am looking for, & here are my problems w/current phone, which I have 30 days to return.

The problems w/Tracphone:

1. Originally I was thinking of a phone to carry in the car for emergencies only, but somewhere along the way I added in idea of making long distance calls to potential customers, & that would use up a lot of minutes. So far I have been afraid to make one single call for fear of using up my 20 precious minutes!

2. The clam shell model I have does not work w/ the accessory package, & I need some way to keep phone charged through cigarette lighter/car battery, so I can leave in car.

3. Customer service wasn't very helpful, & not available 24/7.

What I want:

1. Easy to use.

2. Clam shell style.

3. Not expensive.

4. Not tied up w/contract.

5. Good coverage.

6. Lots of minutes, maybe some free calls.


The Best coverage will be Verizon...

Easy phone for a beginner the best will be Nokia..its really easy to use...

I would suggest a Samsung phone. Samsung has phones for every carrier out there. Now if this will be for emergency purposes you can try Metro PCS, Alltel,or any other non contract service. But take a look here to see what phones fit your style of person.. http://www.samsung.com/Products/wirelessphones/index.htm

I use the Virgin Mobile pre-paid service.

There are no binding contracts but they have some great plans. If you're wanting to make few calls then they have one that charges a flat rate of $6.99 a month and 10 cents per minute. It adds up but I like it.

They also have plans where you pay a flat rate anywhere from 49.99 to 79.99. For the cheapest one you get around 200 anytime minutes and free nights and weekends that start at 7:00p.m. every day. No long distance charges and I get coverage everywhere I need to be. I have the oyster phone and it's very simple and has a cool casual design. PLUS it was only $20.00!

Here's the website...

www.virginmobileusa.com

Hope it works out for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment