Monday, April 13, 2009

What is the best home phone service, cheapest?

I need to get a home phone set up in my apartment, the main reason is so I can accept collect calls from a family member in jail. I~m having a hard time finding a phone service that is reasonable, or even one at all. I live in South Florida. Any help would be appreciated.


Did you say collect calls? Get a voip set up so you'll save on monthly fees. Onesuite.com only charges $2.95 monthly with free incoming calls. Pick a number that close to the person who's going to call you and if the number is available then its not going to be long distance anymore so no more collect calls.

i use a bundle cable phone internet ..but did you know phone calls from jail are very expensive they have there own system and it can charge you anything they want.. local calls 25 dollars per min.. and you can't get them off your bill or if the person calls and asks you to except charges and calls someone else you get to pay.. i got a bill for 2500 for my idot sister who was in jail.. i do not talk to anyone in there ever. i learned the hard way .. i would rather spend my $ on me...

I just switched my landline to Tmobile@home with my cell plan - it's only $10/mo + connection fee ($35?)+hiport router with phone jack ($50). Unlimited l/d, voicemsg, call id, call waiting, call fwd. You need high speed internet to do that: 500+ kbps.

Try Vonage. I only pay $20/mo. I have the most inexpensive plan. You must have a RELIABLE internet connection to use it.

vonage..unlimited everything for $24.99....the best deal around

you should try the new magic jack that plugs into your home computer. It is $69.95 to start and then $19.95 a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment