Monday, April 13, 2009

How do I stop those annoying Mobile phone messages coming in?

At least once every two days I receive annoying promotional messages from my provider to subscribe to all sorts of cheap rate schemes for my mobile phone. I have phoned them to stop, but they simply carry on. What do I do to stop this? Perhaps I need to activate incoming call barring, but for that I need a special code and where do I get that?

I do not have a contract with the mobile phone company, I just top up my credit when needed.


You don't have to put up with that at all, PAYG or contract. Firstly send back to the number that's sending them STOP ALL. That's the nationally known text to stop these. If that doesn't work, call your provider and complain again but this time inform them that you will be contacting Phonepayplus, this is the organisation set up to regulate this sort of thing.

http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/about/contact.asp

If it was your network provider sending you these things then they will almost certainly be under obligation to conform to the rules and will get into trouble for not adhering to them

my friend used to get them messages and my friend just texted STOP back

text stop which is the network command for all networks it should work

you dont

No comments:

Post a Comment