Sunday, April 12, 2009

What happens when you buy a phone online and open a plan online?

I'm planning on buying a cell phone and starting a plan on amazon. What happens after I finish the process of paying? Do they send me my cell phone number? Do they send me my cell phone in a box?


From my understanding, they'll mail you the phone (in a box) with some paperwork with it, which should include your phone number, customer agreement, etc. They may have you call an "Activation" number, where they reconfirm all the information you gave to Amazon. Once you've done that, if it's a CDMA device (Sprint or Verizon), they will probably have you program the device (*2 on Sprint and *228 on Verizon) and you should be good to go.

I have done this. They mail you the phone & then when you get it you follow the insturctions they tell you on the phone & what you get in the mail. Your billing starts when you activate the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment