Wednesday, April 8, 2009

What phone should I use in an emergency if my cell dies?

I don't have a landline phone anymore and I only have a cell phone but I realized just now my cell phone died and it cant be charged. Now I dont have a phone number for anyone to contact me or to contact them. So what would I do in a emergency? Whose phone would I use then? How is someone going to contact me if I dont have a phone? Thats why i rather have a backup lanline phone too as a spare incase my cell dies.


restore your land line

A backup landline with no features is a good thing in case of emergency. Even if your cell phone was working, towers can be blown down or damaged during a natural disaster. Landlines are a bit more reliable.

Since you have no phone now, you can't call out and no one can call in. That's how life was before we had telephones. I also experienced that when Florida had all those hurricanes. We no phones at all for a few days. I could not call my family in another city to let them know I was still alive.

arrrrrrr gave a good answer. Since you have a computer and internet, use Skype or Yahoo Phone Out. Since you can't call 911, have the police and fire department phone numbers handy.

same here... it sucks

try to get a land line again

use your parents ( or grandparents who ever doesnt use their phone a lot) eaither cell or landline unless they'll b messages from a guy or girl you dont want them to hear. do that as you find a charger or tell them to do it through e-mail even though thats really sad

If you have any old cell phones laying around, that can still be charged, you can use one of those. The good thing about keeping old cell phones is that you don't need service to dial 911. Other than that you would have to run to a neighbors house or a pay phone.

well if theres no phone, then you just cant call can you? you cant magically appear a phone out of nowhere...if you're driving there are emergency phones along the highway. or you can ask to borrow somebody's but if you're stranded then you're s.h.i.t outta luck.

you should always have a landline just in case and make sure it is a cord phone so if the power goes out it will still work (one that plugs into a phone jack)

You should get yourself a landline.

You should also get yourself a mobile/'cell' phone

IF this fails, hook up to Skype. Its free, people can contact you in an emergency, but it wont call 999 (or 911 for yanks)

USE THE CLOSEST ONE YOU CAN FIND.

should use the information phones on the side of the highways

Nearest phonebox. And charge your phone!

get an AT&T Go Phone fo ra back up- no contract and it's CHEAP

Ok.. so get a landline then, Probolem solved!

No comments:

Post a Comment