Monday, April 13, 2009

How can I get a different cell phone when I am under a 2 yr contract?

I got a cell phone in October and I liked it the first month. Now I cannot stand the phone and really want another one. The catch is, I signed a 2 year contract. How can I get a different phone and void that contract?

I am with AT&T by the way.


You must buy a brand new phone (or if you have a different phone... some way you will need to buy the new phone). Since you're still really early in your contract, you won't receive any discounts. The 2-year contract will start over once again.

All-in-all, you will need to buy a new phone and go into the AT&T store and talk to them about switching the number. You may need to pay a fee, as well.

You have a contract, meaning you signed on the dotted line. About the only way is to buy a prepaid one that you like on the same network and swap the SIM card. Then sell the old one on ebay. As long as you keep paying the bills the phone company won't care. But it won't be cheap to do this.

The only way to get out of your contract is to pay the fee--$175-250. Moving out of the country is a stupid excuse and will not fly. You will be blackballed with all providers, then what? You can have a different phone very week if you like, all you have to do is buy them.

you can go in and buy phones at retail from at&t or you can get one on ebay, or any unlocked GSM phone will take your sim card.

tell hem you are moving out of the country they will probably need an address from another country that doesnt have att. I dont knw if you have that.

sell yours to someone else and then buy an unlocked phone off the internet that is good for your service.

No comments:

Post a Comment