Monday, April 13, 2009

How do I remove my phone number from advertising?

I filled out a bunch of ads with my phone number, and now I keep getting annoying unknown calls and stuff. Is there a website that can unsubscribe my phone number (and email) from ad servers?


go to https://www.donotcall.gov/ and enter all of your phone numbers.

This will stop any new marketers. However the ones you registered with initially may have an out by saying since you registered you have an existing business relationship.

From the website:

-Understand that some calls are not covered. Once your number has been on the registry for 31 days, most telemarketing calls will stop. However, you still may get:

* calls from â€" or on behalf of â€" political organizations, charities, and telephone surveyors;

* calls from companies with whom you have an existing business relationship. A company may call you for 18 months after you make a purchase or three months after you submit an inquiry or application;

* calls from companies you’ve given permission to call.

that happened to me to. unfortunately, i had to change my number

No comments:

Post a Comment