Sunday, April 12, 2009

How do I test the phone line is connecting to sky from my digital box?

I thought it was, services, then 4 and then 0, 1. But that doesn't seem to work. I have to do this once a month as I don't have a phone line upstairs and have to run a lead up the stair from the phone socket. Please help!


If you have had Sky for more than 12 months then you dont need to have that phone line connected. None of my boxes are connected and it makes no difference to my viewing. If however you have had sky less than 12 months you will need it connected as you are contracted to do so. If you don't Sky will write lots of nasty letters to you. If they do that request that they send an engineer out free of charge to solve the problem.

Anyway I have sky+ and you test it by going to services, then going to system setup and finally onto system test. This will tell you if the phone line is connected.

Are you in the first year of the subscription still, or do do use Sky box office - I haven't connect our box for well over 18 months and it isn't refusing to work.

I think it's under services->system setup->system test

go onto services then system setup (4) then onto system test (7). then it should say 'telephone line connected'

No comments:

Post a Comment