Tuesday, April 7, 2009

How do I transfer the phone book from my old cell phone to the new one?

I had a tracfone that fell and broke. I can not turn it back on and retreive my phone numbers to move them to the new phone. I tried moving the sim card over to the new phone, but the new one doesn't register the old sim card. Is there any way to retreive the numbers from the old phone that doesn't power up by putting the old sim card in the new phone and unlocking somehow? Thanks!


Unless you saved your phonebook onto the SIM card, they won't come up on the new phone anyway. I don't know if this is a phone that your purchased at a gas station or Wal-Mart or if it was actually purchased through like Alltel or something, but if the provider has already changed your SIM card you probably won't be able to retrieve anything. If you did save your numbers onto the SIM card and purchased it from an actual cellular service provider, you may be able to take it into them and they may have the software needed to transfer from the SIM card to the new phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment