Wednesday, April 8, 2009

What is the best way to store a cell phone?

I recently purchased a new cell phone. I want to keep my old cell phone around as a backup if my new phone would get damaged, stolen, or lost. (No, I didn't purchase insurance. I'm too cheap!)Should I turn on my old cell phone and completely drain the battery? Should I just disconnect my battery? Should I let a charge on my battery and just keep it connected to my phone? I just want to make sure if I do need to use my old cell phone that it will be there for me.

Thanks.


I would suggest taking your old phone apart and putting each component in an airtight bag. You don't have to take it entirely apart, Just remove the battery.

The battery can be stored with a charge, but will most likely lose it after a while. If you keep the battery in a cool place (freezer) they may last a bit longer as well.

I would suggest checking up on it every few months to see if the battery has lost its charge. If so then plug it in and then put it back in storage.

Take the battery out of it and put it in a zip lock bag. The battery wont drain and you wont have dust in it.

Problem solved!

No comments:

Post a Comment