Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What is a good unlocked GSM phone to be used solely overseas?

I currently have Alltel and Nextel services. However, unfortunately, Alltel operates on CDMA network and Nextel operates on IDEN network which is almost unheard of overseas. I am planning to work, study, and travel to Europe and South America in the course of the summer. I need an unlocked GSM phone with a prepaid SIM card, but that's all I know. I understand Alltel currently have no world phone, and Nextel has the i930 as it only marketed world phone but I cannot afford to cough up another $400.00 for the phone because I spent enough as is with travel and all. So, please advise me on the proper venue as I'm quite oblivious. I know Cingular and T-Mobile operates on GSM network but I cannot contract myself to another mobile phone company until one contract is up which will be the end of next month (I cannot wait that long). Thank you in advance as I greatly appreciate your advice.


motorola razr GSM kind works overseas. i used it oversas and there is no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment