Tuesday, April 14, 2009

What is the best plan for home phone & internet service?

I think I heard Clark Howard talking about different phone service plans that are half the cost of Bellsouth or less. I think Vonage, Rocket, and Lingo are a few. My phone bill / internet bill is combined and averages about $95 each month. If you are using a package that has home phone service, long distance calling, and internet for $50 a month or less, please let me know about it.


I listen to Clark Howard every day! and so far I'm very lucky with everything he recommends...

first I check out what providers are in my area, so I can make a wise decision!

http://www.whitefence.com/

I did not bundle any service, because if one don't work out, its easier to fire them!

its good to have choices...

I had Time-Warner RR or earthlink high-speed Internet..I got earthlink, but TW installed it, so it was cheaper then RR and its the same set-up...

as my phone provider I got Packet8....good customer service, they all in California not India!

I have it for 15 month now, and never had a problem...

http://www.packet8.net/

for overseas calls...I still use onesuite.com

http://www.onesuite.com/

I also use yahoo.com to call Europe!

http://www.voice.yahoo.com/

as soon as clearwire came to my area, I sing up with them...cheaper then cable high-speed Internet...

http://www.clearwire.com/

I had no problem connection my P8 VoIP!

I pay 19.95 for 6 month for wi-fi-max fixed, then it goes up to 29.95

I pay 19.95 for VoIP, and got the phones for free, no activation nor shipping charges! watch for special promo...

The best plan I have seen right now if your in an AT&T Territory is their triple play. You get phone and internet and they give you FREE DISH Network for 1 year.

You take a $50/mo phone plan and a Minimum $14.99 DSL Plan and it puts you in for around $65/mo for 1 year including a basic Television plan.

As far as the internet, your in a No win situation no matter how you cut it because the only way your going to get a decent price for internet is if you bundel it with either Cable Tv or Telephone service.

Here we have Comcast and if you take Cable Tv the internet is $42.99, if you do not take cable Tv then they get you for $58/mo

If you go with Cable internet, you can then go with a VOIP telephone service such as Vonage.

The DSL is the biggest issue because 99% of the time the phone company will require a basic telephone service before they sell you DSL. There is a product called Naked DSL where the phone company will sell you internet without telephone, but its very rarely offered..

If you don't have AT&T, I would call around to see if there are any other carriers in your area. Get their prices and then call the company you have now and cancel service, they will then transfer you to their winback team and will either match or beat their competitors.

I know with At&T for example, to get some of their better deals you actually have to cancel their service and call them and tell them you want to switch back before they will offer you any real deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment