Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My mobile phone is broken and I need to buy a replacement?

But I don't really have a clue about phone. I'm 22 I really should but I don't! Anyway, I find a lot of people in the phone shops to be arrogant and just interested in selling you the most expensive phone so I was hoping someone could give me advice.

I don't want to spend a lot and I'm not really fussed about what it looks like, but I need it to work abroad, not just in Europe but in Thailand etc. A camera would be a bonus but not essential and I don't care if I can play music on it.

If anyone could gie me some advice or at leas tell me what I need to ask for in the dreaded shop I'd be really grateful. I know phones can be quadband and triband but I don't know what that means!


1 phone that i would recommend is a sony ericsson w810i its quadband which means that it will work all over the world ! & yes it does have a camera which is 2 mega pixel & the pictures are very clear it also has a mp3 player on it & the battery life is excellent

If you have a Argos where you live, go and visit them. They will not pressure you, offer you advice and there phones are very good value for money.

My advice would be to stay away from carphone warehouse, they are rubbish.

i guess it depends what company you have..imo if u have tmobile u should go with motorola rizr v3 (rose) its soo cute , it has a pretty good camera and it does have mo3 player its 100 bux tho..if not they have a lot of good free phone

go somewhere like www.mobilephonebazaar.co.uk get a free line rental contract phone that way youll get a new phone for free and plus you'll get a free upgrade every year for nothing. ive been with them a couple of years now and no problems so far.

Do they have a BestBuy where you are? That is a good place to shop where people are pretty helpful. www.bestbuy.com.

As for phones, I have a LG VX8600. I like it very much, it is stylish but well-built. LG used to be the Goldstar brand, which was known for crappy technology, but they have undergone new owners and the products are as good as anything else on the market. I was really pleasantly surprised with the way the phone sounds clear, the camera is awesome, and it has cool little features that i'll probably never use.

Here is what it looks like: http://search.vzw.com/?market=32169&q=lg++8600

As for what to tell the shop people, tell them you want a phone that will work well overseas, it must be reliable, and you don't care if you have a camera or not (believe me, they will show you one that does because they cost more). Hope that helps.

ask 4 a phone with triband (works in u.s.a) on .. Nokia 6111 are easy to use and has everything on bluetooth , camera E.C.T and are only £69.95 at carphone warehouse

or if you dont want to go into a shop order over the Internet on www.carphonewarehouse.com or www.orange.com

No comments:

Post a Comment