Thursday, April 9, 2009

What causes a phone to remain with a dial tone while dialing?

I have a Durabrand PH-3235 Speakerphone w/headset. I work from home(process toll-free 800 calls & I do have DSL), and after taking a few calls from my phone it went beserk. First the system locked up, then the callers couldn't hear me any longer. Now, the phone just doesn't dial out or my callers can't hear, and the keys are not sticking. It's just whenever I dial, I'm hearing a dial tone,and the tone sound is not being processed at all. Also, the other land phones are on the hook and working fine, and I've had this phone for 7 months with no problem until now. I've trouble-shot and no results. Has anyone experienced the same problem with a phone or this brand? I really need this type of phone to work. Thanks!


get a new DSL filter and try again!!!

sounds as if the problem is out in the exchange get in touch with your service provider and ask them to check if there is a fault on your line!

I have seen some phones do this when the polarity to the phone jack is incorrect. Try reversing the red and green wires at that specific jack and see if this fixes the problem. Some phones are more particular about this than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment